Attend Super Conference October 20-21, 2017
Registration is now OPEN.
Register early to save your spot!
Registration for Super Conference includes:
- Two full days overflowing with interactive, inspirational and highly applicable professional learning opportunities created by 25 BC PSAs.
- Over 30 remarkable keynote presentations on big ideas from every subject area, brain research, digital literacy, inclusion, and more.
- Your choice from hundreds of sessions offered in a variety of formats, including lectures and hands-on learning opportunities presented at Vancouver Convention Centre East, Pan Pacific Vancouver, Telus World of Science, and Stanley Park Ecology Society.
- Access to a massive Exhibitors Hall featuring the latest educational products and services.
- Unlimited networking opportunities with nearly 6,000 BC educators and education.
- Optional one-year membership to the PSA of your choice (additional charge).
Place Value In Primary Math K-7
Place value in the primary grades begins to develop in Kindergarten. From subitizing to estimating, and from the operations to measurement, place value has a critical role to play. What tasks, questions and manipulatives support meaning-making? Literature connections, open-ended tasks and games will be shared in this session for teachers of Kindergarten through Grade 3. Come prepared to play! Teacher resources will be available for purchase at the session.
Primary (e.g. K-3)
Carole is a teacher-leader working in K-12 classrooms to support the development of numeracy instruction across BC, Alberta, Manitoba, the territories and beyond. Carole has presented extensively both nationally and internationally throughout her 25 year career, was a featured speaker at the NCTM conference in New Orleans and a keynote speaker at the NorthWest Math Conference in Whistler, BC. Her graduate research on spatial thinking was featured at the Psychology of Mathematics Conferences in Prague, Czech Republic and also in Bergen, Norway. She has authored and co-authored more than fifteen teacher resources, all of which are grounded in a teaching-though-problem-solving approach, focused on mathematical thinking, on mastery of the facts, and on the operations. She was a Faculty Associate at Simon Fraser University where she taught in a Numeracy Graduate Diploma Program, and enjoyed shepherding teachers on their pedagogical journey. But her biggest accomplishment is her son Cameron — a confident, capable and flexible mathematician in his own right.
Please note: Due to the low registration cost (less than most 1-day conferences) we are unable to offer a one day rate.
Optional join/renew your PSA membership (at extra cost) as part of the registration process.
|Middle of April
|October 15 @ Noon
||Super Conference events
- Friday, October 20, 6:30-10:30 pm
- Doors open at 6 pm
- $12 per ticket
- Telus World of Science - 1455 Quebec Street - Vancouver, BC - V6A 3Z7
An opportunity to explore the Science World galleries, relax, socialize with you colleagues and more importantly, have fun! Purchase a ticket for this event when you register for the conference.
- Live band
- Hor d'oeuvres
- One drink ticket included
- Cash Bar
A special conference rate is available at the Pan Pacific hotel. The rates are:
|Deluxe Room||$219/night + taxes SOLD OUT|
|Deluxe Harbour View Room||$249/night + taxes SOLD OUT|
All available rooms are currently booked. Contact the hotel directly to be added to the waitlist. We are trying to get more rooms released. There are also plenty of other hotels close to the conference site.
Super Conference is a celebration of the BC Teachers' Federations' (BCTF) hundredth year. It is the collaborative effort of 25 Provincial Specialist Associations (PSAs) to host 6000 participants, hundreds of workshops, over 30 keynotes, and over 275 presenters in downtown Vancouver. This amazing conference would not be possible without the extraordinary teachers who volunteer outside of their regular work to be an executive member on the following PSAs:
Delegate Cancellation Policy
- Up to October 3rd, 2017 - Full Refund less $15.00 Processing Fee
- After October 3rd, 2017 - No Refund
BCTF Code of Ethics
All attendees are expected to observe the BCTF Code of Ethics.
Sessions and Keynotes Policy
- There is no pre registration for sessions and keynotes. The first come, first served principle applies. Attendees must observe instructions provided by the instructor/speaker or event staff.
- Rooms are limited by the official published capacities. Standing and sitting in the aisle is not permitted due to fire regulations.
- No video of keynotes. Video of break out presenters only with explicit permission of the presenter.
- By registering to attend Superconference 2017, you grant permission to the Superconference 2017 Committee to take and use your photo in Superconference 2017 marketing and promotional pieces for an indefinite period of time. Marketing and promotional pieces include, but are not limited to, printed brochures, reports, postcards, flyers, and materials, as well as online uses such as postings on the Superconference 2017 and BCTF websites, online newsletters, and e-mail blasts. The Superconference 2017 committee shall own all rights, including copyrights in and to the photos.
Collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information, and your privacy consent
- The British Columbia Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) is committed to both protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information and to complying with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act. Your personal information is collected because it is needed for Superconference 2017 registration, PSA membership and subscription records. It makes it possible to identify you, send publications, and communicate with you as a conference delegate, PSA member or subscriber. The BCTF also uses this information to confirm your eligibility for services, to comply with various legal and regulatory requirements, to provide services to you, and to conduct research.
- Your credit card or other financial information will not be disclosed, and the BCTF, including the Superconference 2017 committee, will not otherwise disclose your personal information without your permission, except as required or authorized by law. Appropriate security measures are employed to ensure only authorized individuals have access to your personal information. By completing this form, you are providing your consent for the BCTF, including the Superconfernece 2017 Committee, to collect, use, and disclose your personal information in the manner identified above.
- If you have any questions, please contact the BCTF’s privacy officer at 604-871-2283 or toll-free at 1-800-663-9163, email@example.com.